Wow - week 3 already - we have been so busy in Kowhai Room that the time has flown!
This term in Room 3 we are doing a lot of learning about our learning and later in the week we will share with you what we have found out already.
In the meantime here are two great descriptions from Holly and Gabrielle, describing that first feeling of stepping on to a beach in summer...
-->
Once it gets dark and the shimmering stars are out, I go walking along the beach following the bright moon, glimmering on the blowing sand.
By Gabrielle (Year 4)
-->
This term in Room 3 we are doing a lot of learning about our learning and later in the week we will share with you what we have found out already.
In the meantime here are two great descriptions from Holly and Gabrielle, describing that first feeling of stepping on to a beach in summer...
-->
When
I first stepped on the beach it felt soft, like my bed time friends but it also
felt like boiling lava melting my feet! When I get out of the water sand sticks
to my damp feet, then I go sit in the shade, it is so cool - it feels like the
wind gliding across my feet.
The
sand looks soggy when I dig my feet in to it. The beach looks dusty when the
wind blows, like when I kick the dirt with my feet. The fantastic sand looks
golden like inside a pirates treasure chest.
Once it gets dark and the shimmering stars are out, I go walking along the beach following the bright moon, glimmering on the blowing sand.
When
the waves hit me it feels like ice-cubes surrounding my feet.
By Gabrielle (Year 4)
As
I stepped on to the beach I felt the hot, sizzling sand burning my feet. I
watched it trickle down and cover my toes.
It
feels tickly as it gushes down my legs.
The
sand looks like a bright golden sunset glimmering in the moonlight. As it gets
brighter, the sand gets so hot and burns my feet as it turns fiery red. I see
heat lines scattering across the sand as if they were flames.
Suddenly I see the foam cooling off the burning sand. I scamper across the fiery hot sand and watch the heat lines as they fade away while I do a cannonball in to the water.
As I hit the bottom I freeze because of the cool ocean. I look about on to the horizon and I feel the cool sand cooling off my burning feet. I dig them in a little more and feel cockerbullies nibbling at my feet.
Suddenly I see the foam cooling off the burning sand. I scamper across the fiery hot sand and watch the heat lines as they fade away while I do a cannonball in to the water.
As I hit the bottom I freeze because of the cool ocean. I look about on to the horizon and I feel the cool sand cooling off my burning feet. I dig them in a little more and feel cockerbullies nibbling at my feet.
by
Holly (Year 4)
Kia ora Holly and Gabrielle! What a wonderful start you have made to your writing programme. I really enjoyed reading your descriptions. I can really picture in my head your time at the beach because of the wonderful use of words you have made. I especially like the use of similes and metaphors. Wow! If this is your first piece for the year what will your writing look like in December?
ReplyDeleteGreat work girls. We look forward to seeing more fabulous entries like this.
ReplyDeleteSandra and Kelvin
Kia ora Holly!
ReplyDeleteI like how you put so much detial into your fantastic work.
That sounds so like the Beach!
from Maya!
Hi Holly
ReplyDeleteI like how you used lots of positive words I know that you will improve in the future.
I would like to know whether you would keep writing stories on the blog?
From Tia
Hi Holly
ReplyDeleteI like how you put the bright golden sun set glimmering in the moonlight.
By Zephyr
Hi Holly
ReplyDeleteI like the bit when you said the fiery hot sand burns my feet!
By baileigh
Hi Holly
ReplyDeleteI like the bit where you said I freeze as I hit the bottom of the ocean.
Great Work!
From Samantha
Hi Holly and Gabby
ReplyDeleteI loved reading your writing. I found it really great.
I loved the bit when it said "once it gets dark and the shimmering stars are out, I go walking along the beach following the bright moon"
from Zara.
Hi Holly
ReplyDeleteI liked the bit when you said
"I see heat lines scattering across the sand!"
From Gabrielle
Kia Ora Holly and Gabby
ReplyDeleteI love when you said "the fantastic sand looks golden like inside a pirates treasure chest"
From Lavinia
Howdy Gabby
ReplyDeleteWe love the part when you are walking on the sand in the moon light.
from Charli
I Like the awesome words you have used in your blog.
ReplyDeleteBonjour Gabs
ReplyDeleteIts Maya.
I thought your writing was amazing!
When I read about your writing it felt like I was actually there, it was so awesome.
Do you think you will write some more?
Bonjour Gabs
ReplyDeleteIts Maya.
I thought your writing was amazing!
When I read about your writing it felt like I was actually there, it was so awesome.
Do you think you will write some more?
Kia ora Holly
ReplyDeleteI think your work was amazing.
From Jess