Friday, 21 June 2013
Sam's Genius Hour Project
My passion project for school is soil and machinery. I have three different soils so far. I have not got any soil yet but on Thursday I will. I'll get sand and shingle too.
I am going to see what is the strongest and what is the best for roading engineering because I want to be a roading engineer man with big machinery. So I need to know what minerals to use for it and what sort of stuff to lay down.
I'll pack this dirt and see what is the strongest and what gravel to use and the tar to use. I'll think about the clay, topsoil, subsoil and shingle.
Labels:
Genius Hour,
Sam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sam,
ReplyDeleteAre you talking about soil for UNDER concrete or asphalt? Or is the soil the only thing the machinery will be on? Also, I don't know what "shingle" is. I know that my house has shingles on the roof, but I never thought of it being used as a road.
Good luck with all the variables you have - I hope you are able to take good notes and come up with the best possible solution!