Thursday, 12 September 2013

Samantha's Windy Day Poem

Have a look at this poem Samantha wrote about the wind! She read the last post while school was closed and sent this comment in but I thought it deserved to be published in a post of it's own!

Hi Miss Lyall,
We had a really windy night!

Some of our big trees fell down I was out side at the time I was sooo close to injuring my self since I was very close to the tree when it fell!

We went for a drive, there were trees blocking roads and things. And a car is smashed from driving past when a big tree fell down.

We are really lucky since we still have power, water and electricity!

My poem would be. . . .

I feel the blowing of the wind deep in my soul,
But a blustery night nearly into snow. . .
A big lump in my heart feeling just like a hole.
The house right on ground,
But then with a big howling sound. . .
The house lifts away in a magical blur,
With a thump and a bump the house lands on a cloud 
up in the sky with a pit and a patter out side. . .

I know I got a bit carried away in that poem sorry!

Samantha

1 comment:

  1. That is a great poem, explains the wind as a powerful force.

    ReplyDelete