Hello Kowhai Room
This is a blog post for you to practice your comment writing on!
My favourite thing to do is to hang out with Billie - taking her for a walk, playing tug-of-war and just giving her a hug. She is always excited to see me and I love coming home to such a great welcome.
The best place to take her for a walk is up on the Port Hills - she gets to run all over the place and she always tries to sniff out rabbits. The funny part is when she chases swallows - they fly low and fast so she never catches them but can follow them all over. I'm lucky she is well behaved because she always comes back!
This is a photo of Billie with her best friend Brenna.
Can you write me a comment telling me all about your favourite thing to do. Remember how to write a good comment!

Hi Miss Lyall
ReplyDeleteBillie and Brenna look so cute together. It reminds me when I first got Teddy and Bonny they looked cute together just like Billie and Brenna. When do you think you can bring Billie again?
From Hattie
Hi Hattie
DeleteWell done - what a great comment - you have been specific about the post you read, given me an experience of your own and asked a question!
I will try to bring Billie either at the end of the term or beginning of next term before Spring Fling.
What animal are you going to bring to Spring Fling?
From Miss Lyall
Hi Miss Lyall
DeleteNext spring fling I think I might bring Teddy if not Bonny. The reason why is because Teddy needs to be cliped so if we can get her cliped before the spring fling she can come but if we cant get her cliped she cant come.
Who are you going to bring Miss Lyall.
From Hattie
Hi Miss Lyall
DeleteThis is my other comment
All my life I have had Bonny she is 105 in dog years and 15 in people years. She is very old and she knows her name and how to sit she is a Border Collie. she has lots of energy and always giving things a go.
(sorry no question because it will be to hard doing 2 question)
By Hattie
Hi Hattie
DeleteI probably won't bring Billie to Spring Fling because she needs to be looked after and I'm busy helping all of Kowhai room get ready. I'll try to bring her in before.
Wow - Bonny sounds like an awesome dog to be 15 years old and still full of energy - I hope Billie will be like that.
Where do you go to walk Bonny and Teddy?
From Miss Lyall
Hi Miss Lyall
DeleteWe have house sections beside us so we take them there for the biggest runs ever. Some times we take them to the Dog Park near Clearview school.
Where does Billy get walked?
From Hattie
Hi Hattie
DeleteYour dogs are lucky to have some empty sections to run on!
Billie and I love to go to Halswell Quarry Park, The Groynes Dog Park or up on to the hills. Sometimes, when I'm at work on the weekend, we go to the Rolleston Dog Park as well.
What breed are Bonny and Teddy?
From Miss Lyall
Hello Miss Lyall,
ReplyDeleteWho's Brenna's owner?
My favourite thing to do is
play with my dog called Jody.
She likes to play tug of war
& runs around the room when she wins
From
Sam
Hi Sam
DeleteBrenna is my sisters dog - she is about 7 years old and I used to dog-sit her before I got Billie. Now I get to look after her whenever my sister goes away and Billie LOVES it!
Who looks after Jody when your family goes away?
From Miss Lyall
Hi Miss Lyall
DeleteSarah Tait (Matt's sister)
looks after her when we are
away.
How old is Billie ?
From Sam
Hello Miss Lyall,
ReplyDeleteMy favourite thing to do is spend time with Tie my miniature pony!He is the cutest pony on earth. When I call his name, he pricks his ears up and shows, me a really cute face that sends me to daydream land. When I ride him it's like a dream come true but when I ride him bareback, he is so careful to not let me fall off.
Have you owned a pony or horse before?
From Laura
Hi Laura
DeleteTie sounds like a great pony!
I haven't owned a pony or horse but my sister did - she was a great rider. Her first pony was called Millie and her horse was called Nutty though her show name was Vanity Fare.
Nutty was a good name for her - she was a bit crazy!
Is Tie your first pony?
From Miss Lyall
Hi Miss Lyall
ReplyDeleteWho is Brennas owner
Our favorite thing is to play Billy's motorbike and love having fizzy drinks before we have them we shake them and make them explode.
from curtis and billy.
Hi Curtis and Billy
DeleteBrenna belongs to my sister. She and Billie are best friends and love to play. Their favourite game is tug of war though they make a huge mess when they play it with Billie's rope toy.
It sounds like you two have a lot of fun together!
What sort of motorbike is Billy's bike?
From Miss Lyall
Hi Miss Lyall,
ReplyDeleteMy favorite thing to do is play with my cat Simba. I always peek round a corner and Simba slaps me in the face but I don't get scratched or hurt because I cover my face. Simba is a white Bermese cat and loves to hide in little caves.
Could you please tell me what a swallow is.
From Steven
Hi Steven
DeleteSimba sounds like my cat Jack. Jack is part Persian so is very fluffy - he has beautiful ginger hair that gets all over my house! He loves to hide in boxes.
A swallow is a bird that likes to nest in corners on the outside of buildings. They fly very low to the ground a swoop all over. Here is a link you can check out to find out more about them.
http://www.funkidslive.com/shows/the-junior-club/wildlife-watch/the-fun-kids-guide-to-birds/the-swallow/
See if you can spot them around your home!
From Miss Lyall
Hi Miss Lyall
ReplyDeleteWhen did Billie first meet Brenna ?
My favourite thing to do is ride my pony Zak,
I like to ride him on the road, he goes fast on the grass
but when he gets to drive ways he slows right down.
From Sophie
Hi Miss Lyall
ReplyDeleteMy favourite thing is to ride my pony Maddy. He is white and a loving pal.
Billie looks happier than ever and Brenna looks happy too. The work you have done is cool!!!
What type of dog is Billie?
From Jessica
Hi Jessica
DeleteMaddy sounds like a great pony! Do you ride him every day?
Billie is very happy - she loves hanging out with Brenna.
Billie is a cross between a Lab and a Border Collie plus I think she has other types mixed in there too.
From Miss Lyall
Hi Miss Lyall
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of dog is Brenna and who's her owner?
My favourite thing to do was Play in the snow with my old dog Leah. She would come bounding round the corner with snow flipping up behind her.
Lots of love Isabella :)
Hi Izzy
DeleteBrenna is a mix of all sorts of dogs - we have no idea what sort of breeds she is. I think she is pretty cool the way she is and her colour is awesome. She belongs to my sister so Billie gets to see her quite often, which is great because they love to play and run with each other.
Billie loves to play in the snow as well - she keeps losing her sticks in it when I throw them.
What else do you like to do in the snow?
From Miss Lyall
Kia ora Miss Lyall
ReplyDeleteI like to take Bella for a walk to the park.
Bille and Brenna look adorable together.
What does Brenna like to do also how old is she?
From Aria
Kia Ora Aria
DeleteI think Billie and Brenna look great together too!
Brenna LOVES to play fetch - whenever anyone has a stick or a ball she wants to play with it as well - she can run extremely fast and Billie can only just keep up with her.
Brenna is about 6 or 7 years old - we aren't exactly sure because she was rescued when she was a few years old and Dogwatch weren't sure what her age was.
What is Bella's favourite game to play?
From Miss Lyall
Hi Miss Lyall,
ReplyDeletemy fave thing to do is go out for a trip in the camper to the bay for the weekend.I slip around on the boogie board over the waves sometimes we bring the dogs,wet dog smell for me!
Does Billie like water?
from Amber
Hi Amber
DeleteI love to go camping too. My parents just bought a camper van last year - it only fits them in it though - I went camping with them last summer and I had to sleep out in my tent - even if it was pouring with rain!
Billie loves the water but she won't dive in - she has to walk in. Brenna REALLY loves water and will leap off the bank at full speed with out worrying - she makes a HUGE splash when she does.
What are your dogs names and what is their favourite game to play?
From Miss Lyall
Hi Miss Lyall
ReplyDeletehow did Billie and Brenna meet?
My favorite thing to do is go to the Kaikora skate park and go on the biggest ramp, also it's right next to the beach so we can have a swim after that,
from your best student,
Jack
Hello Miss Lyall
ReplyDeleteIs Brenna your dog? She looks so so cute.
I had a dog named Richie, he got run over but still survived. However the vet had to put it down.
From Brathan
Hi Brathan
DeleteBrenna isn't my dog she is my sisters. Though she sometimes feels like my dog because she is always visiting. She is very cute and extremely well behaved - much better than Billie!
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I would be very sad if I lost Billie.
What was your favourite game to play with him?
From Miss Lyall
Hi Miss Lyall
ReplyDeleteDoes Billie have a kennel ?
My favorite thing is to ride my skateboard over ramps.I normally skate on my half pipe but sometimes Washington Park in town because that's where all the competitions are. I once won a competition in under eleven and a half and won a skate gear deck but now it's in the bin because I destroyed it.
Have you ever skateboarded or tried?
from Matt
Hi Matt
DeleteBillie does have a kennel - my father made it for her. She doesn't use it much though and if I try to give her a comfortable bed in it she thinks it is a toy and rips it up.
Sounds like you do a lot of skateboarding. Well done winning the competition.
Are there any other competitions coming up?
I don't skateboard but I do ski.
From Miss Lyall