Morena Kowahi Room
Today while I am away on my course you are going to be exploring autumn. I love this time of year, the leaves changing colours and making the trees into a rainbow. Billie loves to go crashing trough the leaves and chasing the ones that are falling. The change in seasons also fits in with our topic this year of CHANGE. Today we are looking at the change that happens in the world around us as we go from one season to another.
Reading
When you are working with Mrs Foster, read the autumn poems she gives you. What great words can you find? Think about the pictures the poems make in your mind. How could you make pictures of autumn in your audience's minds? What good words and sentences would you use?
Writing time
Watch this video and use your bubble catcher to write down your ideas, what you see. I especially like the part where there is one leaf just falling down.
Today while I am away on my course you are going to be exploring autumn. I love this time of year, the leaves changing colours and making the trees into a rainbow. Billie loves to go crashing trough the leaves and chasing the ones that are falling. The change in seasons also fits in with our topic this year of CHANGE. Today we are looking at the change that happens in the world around us as we go from one season to another.
Reading
When you are working with Mrs Foster, read the autumn poems she gives you. What great words can you find? Think about the pictures the poems make in your mind. How could you make pictures of autumn in your audience's minds? What good words and sentences would you use?
Writing time
Watch this video and use your bubble catcher to write down your ideas, what you see. I especially like the part where there is one leaf just falling down.
Autumn Glory from Paul Frederick on Vimeo.
You could use a part of the video to write about - describe what is happening, use as part of a story.
You could write a poem about autumn.
Have a look at these poems from Mr Dyer's class - they have great imagery and they have thought carefully about what to put in their poem.
Autumn Poems
Use the iPads to take some autumn photos to publish with your poem - look carefully around the school - can you take some close up photos, some photos with a person in them, photos of leaves, trees etc. Try to find all the colours of autumn.
ReplyDeleteHey Miss Lyall
I love when its Autumn because you can jump in the fun leaves.
From Charli